This vacancy has now expired.
Press Officer, Public Relations, Press, Social Media, Government, Public Sector
I am currently seeking an experience Press officer to join a large governmental client of ours on an initial 6 months contract based in Reading.
You will be working with the Media Manager you will be responsible for this Government Agency’s press handling. You will own, drive forward and deliver the Agency’s press handling strategies and all reactive and proactive media/social media activity. Key tasks include:
- Handling press enquiries directed or referred to RPA
- Developing and maintaining information sources including lines to take, narrative, Q&A & media queries log
- Delivering and reporting on media evaluation for governance meetings and developing intelligent and relevant media analysis each day
- Identifying and capitalising on press opportunities to secure coverage in trade, national and regional media
- Developing, recommending and implementing media handling strategies, including lines to take and writing/issuing press notices and features
- Providing media handling input for any business continuity or emergency situation
- Managing and developing the press monitoring service
- Collating, sharing and reacting to RPA press coverage
- Delivering and developing the RPA social media activity
- Developing and implementing co-ordinated media handling plans with other parts of the Defra group for joint activity
- Developing and writing regional/locally-tailored stories and features
- Ability to produce clear, concise and persuasive copy for media and social media channels, both news and features
- Experienced at successfully developing and using social media as an integral part of media campaigns
- Excellent writing skills appropriately targeted for a range of media channels
- Demonstrable experience of anticipating the emerging news agenda and drafting effective media handling plans
- An authoritative, clear and sensitive spokesperson who is able to have robust, resilient conversations with media
If you feel you have the skill-set and experience for the role, please apply with your most up to date CV by 02/11/2016 - 10:45 to be considered for the position.
- Job type:
£150 - £200 per day