Oracle, DBA, Database Administrator, E-business Suite, Oracle
I am currently recruiting for an Oracle DBA
to join a client based in Newcastle
on an initial 6 Month Contract. Clearance: BPSS (Disclosure Scotland) – Candidates will need to go through a Disclosure Scotland (Baseline Security Check) at interview stage. As the Oracle DBA you will:
Essential Skills Required:
- Administer, support and maintain Oracle database services as directed and according to departmental policy and process
- Administer, Support and maintain application servers and Oracle E-Business Suite instances across development, test and production environments
- Apply E-Business Suite application and database patches
- Promote custom software deliveries to test and production environments
- Be responsible for backups and backup operational procedures
- Work in a team of IT Operations specialists and engineers ensuring services are delivered and operated as required
- Work with and supporting third parties in the provision and continuous improvement of IT Operations services
- Provide input in to overall management – workforce, budget, projects and tasks, technology roadmaps
- Provide capability to projects, developments and campaigns
- Oversee and support the performance and development of capability in junior team members.
If you are interested and looking for a new contract position - then please do forward me a copy of your most recent CV.
- In-depth experience of Oracle Database Administration, to version 12c
- In-depth experience of Oracle Application Server administration
- Experience of working with high volume, high availability databases and applications
- Administration of Oracle E-Business Suite 11.5.10 and R12
- Experience of impacting and applying patches to Oracle E-Business Suite and databases
- Extensive performance tuning at database and application level
- Experience of working with highly available applications and maximum availability architectures
- Operations and support of IT Operations, infrastructure and application technologies and solutions – hardware, software, commercial off the shelf (COTS) and opensource packages/solutions, virtual and cloud including IaaS, PaaS, SaaS.
- ITIL Service Operation (particularly Request Fulfilment, Incident/Problem/Change Management) and with experience of Service Transition.
- Monitoring and event management.
- Data management regulations and policies and Information Lifecycle Management frameworks and solutions.
CV’s need to be submitted by 10.30am on Tuesday 4th
October to be considered