Network Security Engineer
This vacancy has now expired.
Network Security Engineer - Permanent - Birmingham
Networks | Security | Cisco | Firewalls | Design | Implementation
Network Security Engineer is required for one of my clients based in Birmingham. This is a superb opportunity to join a rapidly growing service provider specialising in Internet Services and Telecommunications. The successful applicant will gain excellent learning, development and realistic career prospects!
The role of the Network Security Engineer is pivotal in implementing & delivering WAN/LAN solutions and security services for the customer base and works as part of the Network team. The main focus for this role is designing and implementing new security solutions.
- Provide design, consultancy and implementation for security services to our LAN / WAN customers as part of the D&I team
- Be the subject matter expert within the D&I team for Security services and solutions
- Design, plan, stage and implement Security solutions using vendor technologies including: Cisco, Fortinet, Checkpoint, Palo Alto and Huawei
- Responsible for creating Low Level Designs (LLDs), SID (Service Initiation Document) and implementation /testing plans for Security/WLAN/LAN/WAN solutions
- Carry out pre and post installation Security/WLAN LAN/WAN surveys and audits
- Perform Out of Hours (OOH) consultancy/engineering implementation work as and when required
- Be willing and able to travel to customer locations within the UK as and when required, sometimes at short notice with overnight stay
- Implement customer solutions based on best practice experience & technical knowledge
- Assist the Pre-Sales team where the Pre-Sales engagement requires detailed technical responses for Security/WLAN/LAN/WAN solutions
- Experience of designing, staging, implementing, integrating and testing of NGN stateful Firewalls (Cisco, Fortinet, Checkpoint, Palo Alto)
- Experience of designing, staging, implementing, integrating and testing Network IPS/IDS (Cisco, Sourcefire)
- Good working knowledge of security protocols including: VPNs, IPSEC, AAA, SSL, TLS, SSH etc.
- Knowledge of Layer 2 / Layer 3 network protocols such as: Spanning Tree, QinQ, OSPF, BGP, IGRP, EIGRP, ISIS, HRSP and VRRP
- Hands on experience of LAN / WAN technologies including: Cisco, HPE, Extreme / Enterasys and Huawei desirable
- Knowledge / experience of WLAN technologies (Cisco, Aruba, Aerohive or Meraki) would be beneficial
- Experience of design, delivery & consultancy across these technologies is essential
- Must hold a current/valid CCNP (Security) accreditation (highly desirable)
If you are interested in this position please send me your most up to date CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
or simply call me on my direct dial 0121 237 3215.
Here at Monarch we offer generous referral fees so if you know someone who would be interested please do not hesitate to forward the details.Network Security Engineer - Permanent - Birmingham
- Job type:
£40000 - £50000 per annum