A Network Engineer is required for a rapidly growing IT Solutions company who have offices in Manchester. This is a superb opportunity to gain excellent learning, development and career opportunities as the company is going through substantial growth! The successful applicant will gain exposure to the latest cutting edge technology, this includes the Cisco stack. This particular role will be based around the North West and will consist of office based and client sites.Key Responsibilities:
- Deployment of Datacentre core, edge and distribution switches including Cisco Nexus, Cisco Catalyst and HP switches.
- Deployment and configuration of routers, HA firewalls and perimeter security appliances such as Cisco routers, Cisco ASA, and WatchGuard XTM security appliances.
- Installation and Configuration of Cisco Catalyst and Cisco Nexus Switches along with the Implementation of Layer-2, Layer3, VLANs, routing protocols and QoS configuration.
- Installation and configuration of Cisco ASA firewalls and Watchguard XTM security appliances.
- Deployment of Cisco wireless solutions.
- Produce Low Level Design (LLD) and as built documentation
EXPERIENCE DEPLOYING CISCO NEXUS SWITCHES IS ESSENTIAL!
- Minimum of 2-3 years’ proven experience deploying datacentre network switching and routing.
- Strong hands on experience with NX OS and IOS configuration.
- Strong knowledge with network protocols and architecture (BGP, OSPF, DHCP, DNS, LAN, WAN, WLAN, VLAN, VPN, VRF etc.)
- Experience with multi datacentre network resiliency architecture.
- Hands on experience with VMWare virtualization technologies and virtual networking.
- Strong knowledge with Layer-2, Layer-3 configuration and QoS.
- Strong knowledge and experience configuring firewalls and security appliances. Cisco ASA and WatchGuard experience is preferred.