Communications Manager, Marketing Manager, Communications & Marketing Manager, Government, Public Sector, Digital, Social Media, Marketing, Communications
I am currently recruiting for a Marketing Communications Manager
to join a large governmental client of ours on an initial 5 month contract
based in Inner London.
The role involves providing marketing expertise and support, programme management advice and support, digital expertise, stakeholder management support and briefing and administrative help to a small team who are developing plans for a Year of Engineering Celebration in 2018. It is a unique role and the ideal candidate can draw on broad communication skills as well as have some experience of working in the civil service and understands the needs of Ministers.Responsibilities:
- Programme management – keep track of deadlines and progress being made towards them/use tracker
- Events – help identify and develop a series of events to celebrate modern engineering excellence, with input from other government departments to build up a provisional programme of activity
- Digital/Stakeholder – help develop a digital stakeholder toolkit so that we can start telling others about the work we are developing and ask them to get involved
- Marketing – contribute to the planning of a communications campaign/agency brief for a piece of work to inspire young people about engineering
- Stakeholders – work closely with other government departments/external bodies to work with us to deliver these things; help with mapping, delivery, evaluation.
- Drafting – letters, briefings for Ministers.
- Admin - set up/help run the Steering Group, set up a cross-Whitehall working group and ad hoc stakeholder meetings
- Experience of developing and delivering integrated marketing campaigns
- Experience of managing communications agencies
- Excellent organisation skills and experience of programme management
- Understanding of digital channels and social media platforms
- Can develop positive relationships with our stakeholders and partners across Whitehall
- Good judgement and willing to pitch in across a range of activity to help the team meet deadlines
If you feel you have the required skill-set and experience, please do apply with your most up to date CV, or alternatively you can send it to myself directly - email@example.com
and i shall be in touch.