Linux Systems Engineer, Pythoon Puppet, London, 60K
Systems Engineer, Linux, Debian, Puppet, Chef, Python, Virtualisation, Openswift…
Great opportunity for a talented Linux Systems Engineer to join leading technology house in Central London - the newly appointed systems engineer will be supporting a large client base and their Debian Linux servers, running on VMware and developing scripts in Python / Perl and using Puppet / Chef / Ansible to automate tasks.
This role is perfect for a bright, enthusiastic and technology driven individual who has a good grounding within Linux Systems Administration who now wants to progress with technologies such as Puppet / Jenkins / Ansible / Docker / AWS and move into the ‘DevOps’ space.
- 3-5 years’ experience in a systems engineering role supporting Linux OS
- Knowledge around Linux servers – ideally Debian
- Ability to write scripts using Python, Perl or PHP
- Familiar with systems orchestration and automation – Docker, Jenkins, Puppet, chef or Ansible
- Knowledge of Openstack swift
- Experience with monitoring systems (OpenNMS, Graphite, Collectd)
If you have the above skills and want to work in a technology focused and successful growing IT service company, this could be the perfect position for you.