Information governance, NHS, Public sector, IG toolkit, NHS digital, Disclosure scotland, IG, Data link, Data set
Clearance Level Required:
Disclosure Scotland (Candidates will need to be willing to undergo a Disclosure Scotland check at interview stage.)
The Information Governance Lead
you will have knowledge in the following requirements:
If you are interested and looking for your next role please apply with an updated CV.Deadline for CV submittal is: Tuesday 23rd November at 2.00pm
- Previous information governance experience working in a NHS, healthcare related or health research organisation.
- Demonstrable understanding of the main regulatory requirements governing the use of personal health information.
- Manage permissions and approvals to process and provide anonymised primary care and linked data, including regular submissions for the Information Governance (IG) Toolkit assessment.
- Provide appropriate evidence to support submissions, including coordinating internal inputs and evidence from stakeholders.
- Respond to requests from regulatory bodies in a timely manner and provide advice, information and support when required.
- Co-ordinate data linkages Coordinate the management of IG requirements to support linkage of primary care data with new routine and bespoke data sets, including ensuring an appropriate legal basis is in place.
- Conduct and manage risk and privacy impact assessments for proposed data linkages.
- Liaise with external data controllers and custodians responsible for access to datasets.
- Support assurance and audit Monitor compliance with policy and procedural requirements to support IG Management Framework.
- Manage a rolling programme of annual internal audits to ensure compliance with policies, permissions, approvals and standards across services.
- Develop and maintain a robust system of records management, including records of permissions and approvals, policies, standard operational procedures, data sharing agreements and contracts.
- Ensure policies and procedures are in place to protect the integrity of valuable information assets.
- Degree in life sciences, healthcare, law, ethics or information management, information governance or equivalent experience.