I am urgently recruiting for a talented development manager for my clients who are a global leading multi billion organisation. The role is also based in prime location in central Bristol, walking distance from Bristol Temple Meads train station. This is a really exciting role whereby the main focus of the role is people management and strategy within a large enterprise organisation.
The tech skills of the software delivery team are as follows and experience around these would be beneficial, however as previously mentioned this is not a hands on technical role, (if you were technical then I am sure there would be opportunities to get stuck in!)
- Good technical acumen, gained from development experience (ideally in .NET)
- Exposure to Microsoft or other major Cloud technologies
- Good knowledge of RDBMS, in particular MS SQL and TSQL
- Solid understanding of Web Technologies and frameworks
- Have experience of managing teams of ideally at least 10+ professionals as direct reports and contractors contractors.
- Provide coaching and guidance to assigned staff.
- Be experienced in delivery using Agile methodologies, preferably SCRUM
- Any experience of delivery management systems (e.g. Rally or Jira) would be highly beneficial
- Experience of the full development life cycle gained across a broad range of deliveries in a progressive software delivery environment
- Demonstrable, consistent delivery success
- Team-player and high performance team builder, able to thrive within a large global organisation
- Be passionate about software engineering and delivery
- Have experience of working with both onshore and offshore teams in multiple time zones
This role is extremely urgent, offers an excellent salary, benefits package and bonus so please apply ASAP should you be interested.