Dependency Manager, Dependencies, Risk Management, PMO, Public Sector, Government, Governmental
I am currently recruiting for an experienced Dependency Manager
to join a large government client of ours on an initial 4-5 month contract
based in Central London.
You will be working with IT Suppliers, Project Managers and senior stakeholders to identify project and programme dependencies for a large IT delivery programme. Along with this, we are looking for someone to conduct supplier meetings to drive delivery of supplier dependencies.
You will be providing additional support for planning and risk activities within a large IT programme, to include preparation of progress reports, roadmaps and programme documentation.Responsibilities include:
Skills & experience required
- Work with stakeholders to ensure dependencies are clearly articulated, owned and proactively managing dependency delivery actions.
- Assist and support PMO activities such as project planning, managing risks & issues via RAID to appropriate level.
- Manage the implementation of consistent and effective dependency management tools and techniques, processes and standards.
- Provision of timely and high quality information, reporting, guidance and specialist advice on dependency management across all projects and programmes.
- Work closely with PMO colleagues to design and create Management Information and reporting products for the Programme Board and other governance forums.
- Ensuring that actions are progressed and highlighting areas where insufficient dependency information is likely to cause a problem.
- Excel and Microsoft Office
- MS Project (2007 or 2013).
- Good knowledge and understanding of IT project and programme management methodologies and their practical application in a complex organisational setting.
- Proven record of implementing planning and dependency management standards, tools, techniques and processes to ensure delivery of major projects in a large, complex organisation.
- Able to produce complex management information in a variety of mediums and for various audiences.
- Able to meet tight deadlines and a complex and sometimes challenging environment.
- Able to provide support and cover for risk management, planning and other PMO functions.
If you feel you have the skills and experience for the role and believe you would be a suitable candidate, please apply with your most up to date CV for consideration.