Data Mapping Business Analyst
This vacancy has now expired.
Business Analyst, data, Security
My client are embarking on a major 24 month IT programme focused on Security in Cardiff City Centre and are seeking an experienced Business Analyst for an initial 6 month contract with a high chance of extension.
Project Overview – Data Mapping project is a part of a wider Security Information Programme. The objective of the project is to work with Risk and Security teams to identify threats to high value data in the business by creating data flows and assessing threats and agree relevant safeguards. Daily Rate:
Dependent upon suitability. If you are interested and available please can you let me know the rate you would need to consider the position?
- Ability to liaise and communicate with different business teams to understand existing business process specific to high value data.
- Ability to map business process to data flow diagram specific to high value data, covering areas where data is accepted/created/stored/updated within the business area or passed to different business areas/systems within and outside organisation in all forms including reports/emails/batch/telephone.
- Ability to collate all business area processes for a given high value data and understand the touch points and combine all the information and produce an end to end data flow within the organisation highlighting points where data enters and leaves the organisation.
- Ability to map business data flow to technical level flow by liaising with technical teams.
- Experience in Gap and Risk analysis
- Experience in risk assessment and producing risk matrix and mitigation plans with inputs from other programme team members
- Experience in organising effective workshops for requirement gathering.
- Experience in interviewing Subject Matter Experts/Technical experts asking detailed questions and carefully recording the information in a format that can be reviewed and understood by both business and technical people, coordination with Technical teams including DBA's
- Expertise in defining scope of projects based on gathered Business Requirements including documentation of constraints, assumptions, business impacts & project risks
- Ability to liaise with other project and programme team members and stakeholders to agree a common approach to meet project objectives.
- Works under limited supervision, using personal knowledge, experience, and initiative to meet tight project time lines
- Excellent communication, analytical, interpersonal, and presentation skills
We will be presenting CVs to the client ideally tomorrow , so if you have the above experience please send through an updated version of your CV and I will give you a call back
- Job type: