Commercial, Contract Management, Commercial Officer, Public Sector, Governmental, EU Procurement, Procurement, Enterprise Resource Planning, ERP
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Commercial Officer
to join a large, well-established public sector client of ours on a contract running until 31/06/2018
based in Fareham
You will be required to place Research contracts in line with DSTL/MOD commercial policy. The requirements will be varied and require an understanding of MOD procurement policy to ensure a fair and compliant process is followed at all times
Lead and manage procurements through the development and implementation of effective contracts with appropriate suppliers, considering internal needs and supply market characteristics.Responsibilities
- Use a range of EU compliant procurement routes and tools as appropriate.
- Provide direct support and advice as appropriate, including acting as the 'advisor' on issues such as commercial approaches, evaluation processes and negotiation strategies.
- Develop strong relationships with key programme and business stakeholders in order to fully understand their needs and ensure successful team working between procurement and the project/business area
- Tendering and placing contracts in accordance with EU Procurement Directives/Procurement Law.
Security Clearance Level Required:
- Experience of placing MOD contracts or Public Sector contracts.
- Experience of reviewing Sales bids or placing sales contracts.
- Awareness of relevant supplier base; knowledge of markets and Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP)
SC Clearance is required for this role. Due to the immediate start candidates will need to either currently hold a SC Clearance or be eligible to obtain.
If you are looking for your next career move and feel this is a role your have the experience and skill-set for, please apply with your most up to date CV to be considered. Alternatively, you can email me directly at firstname.lastname@example.org with your most up to date CV. Please quote the reference number above when emailing me directly